How far along are you?
I'm 36 weeks. With only 4 weeks left until my due date, unless baby decides to stay inside a little longer.

Baby's Size
Baby is the size of a large cantalope. Anywhere between 19 to 22 inches in length and could be weighing 6 lbs. Though according to my last appointment I was told she is measuring a bit small, so we'll see.

Belly Button In or Out?
Belly Button is finally out! Didn't know if it would happen, but it did.

Any Changes?
I can now feel her sleeping/awake patterns very well. She keeps getting stronger and her kicks are starting to hurt at times. My sleep patterns have changed a lot, I naturally wake up every four hours, but I can easily go back to sleep, most nights. I am trying to get as much rest as I can.

I have had extreme rushes of energy where I can feel I can run a marathon, and I start cleaning the house or going for very long walks. But I also have periods where I get very tired and walking becomes very difficult. I can really feel the extra weight on my knees and my feet look like two potatoes :(

Other Thoughts:
Last week one of my best friends had her baby girl, and my husband and I got to visit them at the hospital. We got to go through pregnancy together and we are both having girls, which has been one of the coolest experiences of my life getting to share this pregnancy journey with someone I love so much. Getting to hold her baby girl was so absolutely surreal. I kept looking at her little face knowing and reminiscing every single second her mom and I talked about kicks and weird pregnancy symptoms. The moment we both told each other we were pregnant, and the moment we both found out we were having girls. Holding her in my arms was a surreal experience. She made me wonder what my little girl would look like, what she would feel like, and what I would feel holding her. Seeing her as a mom captured my heart as she looked so new to this and yet like she knew exactly what to do. I keep dreaming and imagining what my baby girl will be like. I love her already, and yet, I haven't met her yet. My mommy heart is about to explode with excitement. I can't wait until that day comes.

5 comments

  1. That so nice you got to go through it with one of your best friends, I imagine seeing her baby was definitely a surreal experience and now it's so soon for your little girl too - I'm so excited for you!! You look super beautiful in that dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fee! And yes, hopefully soon I can get to hold my little girl too :)

      Delete
  2. This is my Favorite preggo pic of you so far!! I just love the dress on you, you're glowing <3 Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

Disclosure

You may use the content you find on this website as long as the content used is linked back to the original post.